Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Whirlwind Weekend

My mom and brother flew in to SLC friday for a family funeral. We had a great weekend together, despite the sadness in the family.  We ate a lot, made treats, shopped, and laughed.  It was a well needed break for all of us.  Mom and Doug had a sleep over in the living on our new air mattress til Doug left on Sunday then mom and I had a sleep over Sunday night.  I'm never too old for a sleep over with my mom. 

When we were at the cemetary, we found a great little friend.  He was rooting his nose in the snow looking for a tastey mole or something.  Doug whisteled at him and he came running over and jumped right in the back seat of the car!  We wanted to take him home!


Fits right in with us doesn't he?  Then we had to take Doug to the airport.  I hate saying goodbye.  It sounds cliche but I really dread it.



 We all love you Sarah and we are so glad you are free from pain. We'll see you again!

I'm so glad that I could see so many family member, and my mom and brother.  I can't wait for Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. you have a magical way of telling just exactly what happened this past weekend. we will see sarah again and she has had a whole week of being in the eternities and free from pain so that makes me smile. the picture of doug and dog together made me laugh and i still have dog hair in my black coat. i loved meeting dan's little dog sam and seeing how well behaved he is and how much happiness he brings to everyone. just having our extended family together was a wonderful thing and because of our faith in Jesus Christ and understanding of the gospel we know that this is how we can be forever. i too can hardly wait for christmas to be together again.

    ReplyDelete