Thursday, December 19, 2013

Play dough!

Eli LOVES play dough. It will keep him entertained quietly in the high chair for 15-30 minutes. It's a nice mommy break too.  I have made several different batches of play dough and finally found my favorite. I prefer to make my own because Eli mixes all the colors anyway so it's easier to make new batches with bright colors, and I hate the smell of store bought play dough. Eeeww

One recipe is 2 parts corn startch to one part cheapo hair conditioner. This was so soft to play with but got pretty crumbly by the time Eli was done playing. 

This recipe is in the pictures below. It doesn't smell one bit, is really soft but has the exact same texture as the store bought. When I made it for some reason it was a bit more like frosting so I added 1/2 cup more of flour and it was perfect. 

1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt 
2 tbs cream of tarter 
1 tbs oil 
1 cup boiling water (with food coloring mixed in) 

Mix all up (add flour if needed) and enjoy!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment