Friday, February 21, 2014



I feel like when I read other peoples blogs I begin to wonder if everything in their life is as simple and put together as they make it seem.  Well mannered kids, beautiful home, homemade meals every night, and never forgetting family prayer or FHE. 

I hope my blog doesn't come across this way, and if it does I apologize. I am a normal mom who does not have it all together! I get very overwhelmed with the many tasks of the day and lately I have been trying to work hard on focusing on the few positive and productive things I do each day even if it's as simple as making the bed or organizing the fridge. 

I get in my ruts whether it be not wanting to cook, clean, or even read my scriptures.  I am grateful today for Eli going down for a nap so quietly so I could get out my scriptures, dust them off, and try to bring in the spirit into my home a little bit.  I have been feeling even with my best efforts of keeping our tiny apartment decorated, clean, and organized that it doesn't invite the spirit as much as I want it to. I want people to be able to walk into my home and feel the spirit, knowing this is a cozy, happy, spiritual home.  

To have that feeling more in my home I want more spiritual artwork on our walls.  I was looking at desert book online for some ideas and stumbled across this sweet picture. It instantly brought tears to me eyes and it reminded me of my sweet Eli.  

While Eli is only 20 months old, I think little ones at this young  age are still closer to our Heavenly Father than we give them credit for.  They have such an innocent and tender spirit. Eli knows when I am sad and wants to give me loves and kisses to cheer me up. 

 I want Eli to develop a relationship like this is with his savior. I want him to know that Jesus is there for him to hold his hand and walk with him when he is lonely.  To be in those beautiful peaceful moments with him and remind him where he came from and his true worth.  And how incredibly loved he is by his Heavenly Father and his family.  

1 comment:

  1. These are EXACTLY the thoughts that have been running through my head lately too!! Some days I look around my messy house or think about how I handled a tantrum and cringe. Sometimes it's so hard to see the good things in every day. Eli is one lucky little man to have a mama like you and one day he'll look up at you after a crazy day and tell you that his favorite part of the day was destroying the living room with you so you could make a fort together :)

    ReplyDelete