Sunday, May 17, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

As the weather has gotten warmer we've gotten busier playing outside and I've neglected blogging as much. I hope to catch up soon but in the meantime I'll post just a few pics from Mothers Day. 

On Saturday we went shopping. For me. Which is pretty rare. Usually it's for things we need or work clothes for Bryan. I found a great tunic to work while I'm pregnant and after and a fun kimono style cardigan thing. I feel pretty in it :) 

Then we had lunch at a Mexican resturant which was soo yummy, probably just because I had been craving Mexican food. 

Sunday was a relaxing day at church, and we snuck in a couple family pictures. All in all a good day. 

This was the first Mother's Day where I was a mom to more than one. Although one is still cooking, I felt more of a bond as she grows inside. It also made me miss the teeny spirit we miscarried. I never met this baby, and was only pregnant for 12 weeks but I missed that baby a lot that day. Maybe just thinking about what a blessing motherhood is but also how fragile life is. 






There is are two lilac bushes that hang over into our yard so we enjoyed some free mothers days flowers this year. And holy Cow they smelled amazing!! 






1 comment:

  1. oh i do love lilacs too and they remind me of spring. the scent of those blooms is very unique and for only a short time they fill the air. amazing how each little flower doesn't look like much or have much scent but in a bunch they make quite a statement. it looks like someone told eli 'smile big' because you can see his whole face is happy. i am glad that this mother's day you have another little baby waiting to come to your family. seems like this is what you've always wanted to do and be --- a mommy--- from the time you crammed a baby under your arm as you were toddling about, or putting them in the basket of your bike or stuffing them in the little umbrella stroller to go play dolls with bri. now you get to be a real mom. the only job that is never done and you will never give up the title of mom either.

    ReplyDelete