Sunday, June 21, 2015

Pregnancy Update

To the blogging world it may seem I have ignored Baby Girl and sharing posts about her.  Maybe on here she hasn't had as much attention as when I was pregnant with Eli, but she's getting lots of love in the real world!

My mom has sent such sweet thoughtful packages full of teeny baby girl clothes, socks, and hats.  And she always includes a little something for Eli to make him feel special too.  Thanks mom!

Eli is loving the 'idea' of a baby sister.  He talks about her everyday and loves to pat my belly.  He asks if he can rest his head on "her" when we read stories. At the grocery store Eli wants her to sit by him in the car shopping carts, play trains with him, and go on walks together.  He will pick out special sticks or rocks and say they are for her.  It absolutely melts my heart. Yes, I know it'll be a shock when she does come and he realizes she's not a toddler. But I am praying that this love will continue and he will love his little sister when she arrives. 

I am 7 months pregnant and can't believe how quickly time is flying!  We kept the pregnancy very quiet early on since I had just miscarried.  It almost felt too special and sacred to just announce to anyone.  Once I hit the 5 month point everyone knew, and there was definitely no hiding it!! I showed from very early on.  I had major morning sickness for the first 18 weeks.  Not a lot of throwing up, but horrible nausea and no appetite.  Finally got over that hurdle around 18 weeks and since then I feel like I can eat non stop!  I can't even tell you how many boxes of cereal I've gone through ;)

For the most part I'm feeling great now! I am a little nervous at how quickly time is flying by, and I'm trying to enjoy this stage before it slips away.  Tonight for the first time this pregnancy, I felt her hiccup! I love the constant wiggles and kicks to let me know she is happy and well.  Its so reassuring to me (and so worth being woken up to in the middle of the night)

Here are a few pictures as I've progressed:



 











  


1 comment:

  1. those area great pictures and just wait because pretty soon the baby will be the size of a watermelon then it is time to pop her right out. you look great in all the pictures (and thank you for not showing the bare belly bare boobs pictures that i have seen waaaay too often and still make me blush). i swear this baby is all baby bump because that is the only place you have changed.... and now the changes are happening fast and she is happily growing. sounds like you have done a great job getting eli psyched out for the idea of a baby sister and he will certainly come to know soon that she wiggles and yells and can do lots of things... but he'll always be her big brother. i am very grateful you have 2 big brothers.

    ReplyDelete