Saturday, January 15, 2011

Workin' on my list

# 44: lots and lots of laughs were had at my Aunt Sara's house in Kanab, UT while visiting Granny.  I learned a lot about others and myself.  The week was perfect and I am so grateful for that special time with family.


P.S. I have never seen a bigger cat than miss (mister?) Gracey.  Its really a boy, but Gracey doesn't know!  sshh!  I think the mom kitty was a bob cat!
Mom and Sara on the Rino out for a ride!
#71: We were shopping at Ashley's furniture and found a couch that someone had ordered but didn't want because the color was not right. It was right for us!  The price had been marked down by a lot, and it was perfect for us.  The next day it was resting comfortably in our apartment, and our old couch (can you even call it a couch when the springs are falling out left and right and you sink to the floor when you sit in it) was generously donated to DI.  We were really grateful to have it for 2 years, but we're moving up in life!


#82: I finished my baby quilt (remember, this is not for a specific baby)  but it is much easier than an adult size one.  my aunt gave me some fabric for the edge and taught me some great tips to finish it.  I hand stitched the edge and the middle and it actually looks really good! I'll post pictures soon



#87: our ten dollar coffee table is now a 13 dollar coffee table but looks much better!  Thanks to some good teamwork, a saturday afternoon and a can of spray paint.  Ta dah!

1 comment:

  1. the sofa and table look fabulous together, and i do like that cute little wreath on the wall too! this whole thing is coming together so nicely. don't forget next time to take a 'before' picture.... like of the old sofa and the ghastly coffee table replaced by your new chic stuff. gotta show what some paint and work can do. the quilt has turned out really nice. what sewing project are you doing now?

    ReplyDelete