Monday, February 11, 2013

Honey Oat Bread

I am always trying new homemade bread recipes to find "the one". They usually turn out good but not great. I tried this recipe found here: http://www.bakingdom.com/2011/09/homemade-honey-oat-bread.html

It's AMAZING. It has oats and honey in it and a drizzle of honey on top. Divine. This recipe said bake 40-50 minutes or until internal temp of 190 degrees. I had never used a thermometer to check doneness in bread but it was perfect. I highly recommend it. The bread was fantastic. I say was because although I made it yesterday we ate the whole loaf ;)

Try it yourself!








2 comments:

  1. did you check the temperature of the bread with the same thermometer as you use to check the baby temperature! eew. i don't have a bread thermometer but have a meat thermometer with a metal poker thing. would that work? your bread looks absolutely fabulous and like a perfect loaf. seriously it is worth an entry in the fair or at least make some next time i come to visit. beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I used the meat thermometer you have me! And I think I baked it for 44 minutes ;)

    ReplyDelete