Monday, January 6, 2014

Dear Mr. Eli

Dear Eli,
These past 18 months have been life changing. The love I felt for you when I first met you was incredible. I was in tears the first time I held you, barely comprehending how much I could love you and the joy you would bring our little family. 

This first time mom thing is tough and we've had our bumps along the way but i'm grateful everyday to have you in my life and the lessons you teach me. I wouldn't change one day we've had together and I'm so blessed to be able to stay home with you everyday. 

You have such an excitement for life. There is so much personality packed in one tiny body. I love playing with you and watching you explore new things in the  world. 

You have such a luster for learning an each day brings new things! Today you showed me a red and blue toy and named their colors without help.  You know every animal sound by heart and will point out a dog across the street.  You always want to help me in the kitchen standing next to me on a chair helping stir. Bath time is your favorite part of the day and your giggles while splashing in the tub melt away any stresses I have. You give the BEST lip puckered baby kisses I've ever had ;). You love to give me hugs and cuddle like when you were a tiny little guy. Eating and sleeping may not be your strengths right now but I'll take those if I can have your happy, silly, excited, curious, loving and gentle self. 


Thank you or letting me be your mommy and for being so patient with me as I stumble through being a first time parent. I continue to love you more and more each day and can't even put into words how deeply I cherish you. 

Love always,
Your mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment