Saturday, January 11, 2014

Living Room Quilt

I have been day dreaming about making a quilt for our living room. Not a fancy don't touch kind of quilt but a cozy, soft, snuggle in the couch kind. 

I decided to do a type of hourglass pattern but not so organized. I found awesome flannel prints in 6 colors so I randomly matched up pieces for a random look. The top and back are both made out of flannel and I totally love it! 

I tried a few new techniques this time that really helped my quilt turn out more professional. I used spray adhesive in between the layers to keep it from shifting during the quilting. This worked a million and a half times better than quilting pins. Then while straight line quilting I used a walking foot which helped keep the layers together and not slipping or ruffling. I also machine bound the entire quilt which made it sooo fast! Loved this way! Okay- onto pictures. 














1 comment:

  1. Lookin' good, lady! I bet it is so warm and comfy with the flannel. Your trip home looked fun. Every time I see Eli, I can't get over how big he is. And he is getting so much hair!

    ReplyDelete