Sunday, April 6, 2014

Granola

I have tried at least 4 granola recipes and this is my very very favorite. My sis in law Jess gave me the recipe and I've already eaten half a batch since I made it! This granola is best with milk which makes for a much healthier alternative to garbage cereal. It's so much more filling too! 

My mom passed on her gene of never following a recipe. So feel free to add or omit ingredients to your liking. 


 6 cups rolled oats (I did quick to use with milk but rolled would be best for eating with yogurt)
1 cup wheat germ (or for Bryan being gluten free I do flax seed)
1 cup slivered almonds (I used whole and chopped them roughly) 
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1tsp salt
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix dry ingredients (I add almonds after baking because I like the raw almond flavor better), mix wet ingredients separately, then mix wet & dry together. Bake on baking sheet 250 degrees for an hour, or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. I actually baked mine only 30 minutes and it seemed plenty long. 

I just finished the last bowl of this and I could have seconds. Go try this! It's soo good and healthy :) 






2 comments:

  1. I am always looking for a fun granola recipe. I've tried about 10 and this one looks like a winner :) Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I am eating some right now, ha. Ah, cherry springs...fun day. Your picnic with the ducks looks fun, too!

    ReplyDelete