Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mom Mom Visits

 
My mom came to visit for almost a week! It was SOO fun to have her here.   Eli and I were going up and down the escalators waiting for the plane to come in.  When she exited the security area, Eli got so excited and was jumping up and down just jabbering away. It was so sweet because they don't get to see each other often.  Since then they were inseparable all week!  It was so hard to see her off at the airport.  Eli cried and cried and kept saying "byeee-byeeee."  Sad day :(
 



On Thursday we went to the zoo. Last time we went I looked like this:


 
I should have taken another picture this trip to compare :)  I was much more comfortable ;)
 




(Eli was exhausted and getting grumpy in this picture)

It melts my heart to watch Eli and my mom hang out and play together.  All day I heard "Mom mom".  That's what he calls her and I totally love it.

Friday we ran some errands to get things ready for Eli's party.  He struggles to eat people food so I had to document that he WILLINGLY took bites of ice cream and a hot dog.  I'll take what I can get!


 
Saturday came and of course, I didn't take enough pictures of his birthday party.  Dang. Here is his birthday outfit I made.  I had to get a picture of it before he put it on because as I expected it was covered in strawberries within minutes :) 
 
 


The theme was Airplanes, and the best part of the party were the 1$ foam planes from the dollar store.  Hours of entertainment!




 (He was going to town on ice chips in these pictures)


Saturday afternoon we went on a hike with my sister in law Laura up to a waterfall.  It was short but so pretty, and just the right length for Eli in the hiking back pack. 






One of the gifts Doug and Laura got Eli was this funny hat.  When you squeeze the little handle the ears pop up!  Haha!
 
And naturally, he didn't want to take it off all day.  He may or may not have insisted on wearing it INTO church.  Yikes.

 
Sunday afternoon we sang to Eli and had him blow out his candles, then opened a couple gifts.  He even took a bite of the cupcake! 




This little boy melts my heart every day.  Although he's not quite 2 I'll give a quick update of his life:

--He loves to say prayers at bedtime and has style to getting down on his knees to pray.  Its hilarious!
--With the help of Prevacid for reflux, he is eating people food 100%.  He has not eaten baby food in over a week.  This is incredible.  P.S. he ate an ENTIRE peanut butter sandwich today.  There is hope :)
--His speech has exploded in the past couple weeks.  He now says sentences like 'it won't work, mom help, where is it, its broken' I'm one proud momma.
-- He is so sweet with giving kisses, and hugs too.  He nestles his head right on my shoulder and wraps his little arms around me.
--Eli loves stories.  He wants to read them 3-4 times a day!  His favorite story right now is "The Potty Book"  I have it completely memorized, but hopefully its a good sign that he likes this book
--He LOVES Mom Mom.  I can't believe how quickly they bonded and how much I loved watching them build towers, cook, read stories, and play with bubbles.  Oh I love my family.



 

2 comments:

  1. even though i cringe when i see pictures of myself, it brings back sweet memories of our few days together to see me and 'I' sharing some time, the hike with laura, his birthday party, and just hanging out together at the zoo with all of us. it was a wonderful time and we didn't go crazy running all over but still had plenty to keep us entertained and busy with time to just sit and play too. thank you for sharing your time and your food and your busy life and your little guy with me. i had a wonderful time and liked taking turns to build towers with blocks and talk and read stories and play with the water table. you are a great mommy and my favorite girl child!! i love you heaps and buckets full! BTW, happy mothers day this weekend. without you (and doug and chris and eli) i wouldn't be a mom or a 'mom mom'.... i love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eli is SO CUTE!! Looks like he had a blast on his birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete