Monday, March 23, 2015

Good Old Fashioned Family Weekend

This was a great weekend filled with fires, hot dogs, yard work and kite flying. I just love spending weekends as a family doing "stuff" together. It was so fun to spend hours in the backyard sprucing it up and just working together as a family. 


Eli was a fan of the free rides in the wheelbarrow. 


And naturally I'll take any excuse to make a pie since it was Pi day (3/14). This time even 3.14.15. Eli was a great helper and loved licking the bowl, and spatula, and wisk, and counter ;) 

Saturday morning we were able to attend the Idaho Falls temple. It closed that night for 18 months for renovations so we were excited to sneak in one last time. I love the happy spirit I come home with after going to the temple. My soul feels lighter and my heart brighter. 


We finished off our weekend with some kite flying. Eli LOVED it. Good thing we live in very windy Idaho where he'll get many many chances to fly kites :) 






1 comment:

  1. the picture of him having a wheelbarrow ride was so cute. he obviously was hanging on but loving every minute of it. one of my favorites was him looking up toward his kite while holding on to the handle. doesn't it seem that there is something kinda magical about kites that fly so quietly and gracefully and all on the wind currents. what an amazing earth this is......

    ReplyDelete