Saturday, May 21, 2011

Is it Christmas Yet?

Sometimes I start thinking about Christmas a little early... like May.  I am done with my quilt top, it just needs to be layered and hand quilted (which will be during my Alaska trip) so I think its time to make stockings!  Recently my style has been changing a bit, and I am really into quilting, so I want my stockings to reflect that style.  I have two that I made for last year out of red velvet, which I really like.  I think I am going to be the type of person to have lots of stockings, and use them as decorations. 

 Here are my latest favorites!  Plus I'm loving pinwheels right now so its meant to be :)  Time to find the fabric!  And I know it sounds expensive with buying lots of fabric, but I get Joann Fabric coupons in the mail, so all the fabric I buy is 50% off!!

I. Love. Christmas. 




avas2






stockings_text1

3 comments:

  1. if you are careful about selecting your fabric and get it on sale or some of the pieces from the discontinued table you will be able to make very cool stockings and still stay within your budget. the fabrics all don't need to be 'christmas' prints, but if the colors and patterns are right, and usually in the traditional colors, then it will be your own special creation and will still look like holiday decorations. i like the pinwheel stocking... it is so clever and fits your style spot on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these stockings you have up here! They're super cute and I can't wait to see how they turn out for you. Did you finish the pot holders you made Bryan's mom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom just sent me the fabric so i'm going to work on them this weekend!

    ReplyDelete