Monday, May 16, 2011

What's been happening here...

My second quilt is almost done!!  I like to think I designed it myself, but I know other people have done this pattern.  It was fun to map it out on paper, and do the math to find how much of each color of material I needed.  By the time I finished the front and border I had exactly 1.76 inches of each fabric left.  Give or take a bit :)



I have everything ready for this quilt including the binding and backing.  I am going to baste it and then hand quilt it on my trip to Alaska.  It's a very long day to travel to Craig from Salt Lake, so it'll keep me busy.  As long as the dumb TSA people don't take away my quilting needle!

And I finally stitched my name on my first quilt.  I finished it a bit ago, but got it out last week to officially finish it off.  All done!!

4 comments:

  1. many things i must compliment you on for your quilt... the speed in which you finished your top, the exactness of the corners, the close calculations of the fabric (just enough to make a bikini for your vacation?!), the original design, the choice of colors, the overall image. if i were giving out the ribbons, you would get a purple with some glitter in the middle for extra special nice job!! it looks wonderful. by putting your name in the corner, it adds a wonderful little touch and takes out all the guess work of who made this glorious quilt (betsy ross?) and when (1776). now do you really think you can keep it tucked away until you go to alaska to finish all the stitching? what's next??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of putting my name on the quilt. Remember the one hanging in corrie's house and David doesn't know where it came from? Now my silly little quilts can be remembered. But you're right, can I really keep it hidden for two months? I have to! I would love to do a queen size for our bed for the summer. I can't stop quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilt you just made the top for! It's super cute. Also, your name! Was that easy to learn? I love it.

    ReplyDelete