Sunday, September 25, 2011

I met an LDS celebrity

Today two of the sweet girls that I visit teach blessed their baby girls in sacrament!  Our ward was packed with family members and friends in support for these two sister. 

Bryan and I walked into church behind a woman and when she smiled at me I had the blank stare (and probably looked rude) but I knew who she was, but wasn't sure if my eyes were tricking me.  She came and sat down right next to the sister I visit teach. It was Sister Sylvia Allred from the General Relief Society Presidency. It was this sister's mom! Bryan wasn't so sure it was really her, but I knew it was! After sacrament it was pretty crowded with all the family, and I was unsure if I should walk up to her and talk with her.  I caught her eye and just mouthed, "hello" and smiled.  She returned a very warm smile that I knew forgave me for the weird look I gave her earlier. 


Later I showed Bryan her picture and he realized it really was her.  I know she is a normal woman and mom and new grandma, but I still felt that I was in the presence of someone very special.  I love her even more now :)   

1 comment:

  1. did you notice when you saw her how bright her smile is and how joyful she seemed? is that by coincidence, or was she just happy to see you, or do you think that she really has an understanding of how powerful good, strong, righteous women are? she was happy to be sharing what we take as an ordinary event, blessing a new baby, and realizing how extraordinary it really is. it made me think of 2 corinthians 4:6

    ReplyDelete