Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Making a New Nest



 We are still alive!  And all moved into our new apartment in Riverton.  I started to pack about 10 days before moving which really helped us to be ready when moving day came.  Friday Bryan and I made 3-4 trips between our apartments with car loads of boxes.  We got most of those things organized, then Saturday the men from our church helped us move the big things like a bed, dresser, table, ect.  We had all the moving done in about 2 1/2 hours.  We were so blessed to have so much help!  I started unpacking as soon as we got moved in, and pretty much haven't stopped.  I feel slightly addicted where I can't look at the apartment and see something that needs to be put away, and just sit and watch it.  It drives me nuts!  So now the only things I need to finish unpacking are the decorations and pictures! 

Here are a few pictures the same day we moved in. Getting the sheets all washed since they were used to keep drawers closed in the moving van. ew. (not my idea)  :)
It took a long time to figure out how to arrange this room.  We have a very long dresser and it doesn't fit anywhere but along one wall!  Now in a couple weeks I'll have a bassinet in here too.  Oh dear :)

Each bedroom has walk in closets.  I feel very very spoiled!!
 Yes, that would be a suitcase in our bathroom :)  Thankfully that bathroom looks much better now!

 Baby's room!  We set up the crib and changing table and all of a sudden it wasn't a second bedroom anymore.  Now its a nursery!!  We still have lots of re-arranging to do in here, and since my mom will be staying in here (not in the crib) but on an air mattress, we left the middle open for that, so this will get organized better when Critter arrives.

 I dreaded unpacking the kitchen!  We use it so much that I wanted things to be organized really well.  That is a pantry in the back with the door-- heaven sent!  we also have metal shelving in baby's room for extra food storage so it was hard to decide where to put things.  But our kitchen is now in working organized condition, and we actually had room for everything even though it looks so small!
 Work in progress....
 This got set up first because we had family over to help and wanted a place for them to be able to relax and visit too.
Our nest looks a hundred times better (still bare walls) but I will be posting pictures soon!  This is just a  little taste, and so you can trust that I have been busy, not just lazy and not blogging :)

Baby update: nothing.  Not a single contraction.  After moving for two days straight and upacking for several more you'd think something would happen right?!  Nah.  Guess I need to stay patient.  I'm 38 weeks so I hope baby doesn't stay too comfortable!!

That's all for now...

2 comments:

  1. Your apartment is looking great. Can't wait to see it in person! Love the baby's room! I hope your little man comes soon so you have a little more time to recover before your trip! Tell him to get a move on! ;) Don't worry about not having contractions yet though. I didn't have any with Connor until I went into labor. Even then I wasn't sure if it was really labor :) Has your doctor checked to see if you're dialating or anything yet? Good luck with everything coming up and let me know if you need anything at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. moving is such a pain, but I can already see your magic at work and its looking great! (p.s. I think we have the same couch, only ours is a little lighter gray! haha)

    ReplyDelete