Saturday, June 2, 2012

Tick...Tick...Tick....

I feel a bit like a time bomb.... just waiting for it to go off, but not knowing if it will be tomorrow, or a month from now.  Just waiting....I am only 36 and a half weeks so I probably have a couple more weeks of waiting, but its a very odd feeling knowing anyday I could start contractions and have a baby! 

Its such a weird thought that in just 2 weeks or maybe 4) we could be parents!  And have a child of our own.  I'm really excited, but now i'm thinking about the few things I will miss when i'm not pregnant anymore.  I LOVE feeling him wiggle and squirm around my belly, knowing that he is right here next to me safe and protected.  Okay so maybe thats the main thing I'll miss.  I sure won't miss having to wear Bryan's shorts and t-shirts cause mine are too tight, or only being able to sleep on my side, or a belly that gets in the way of basically everything, and of course stretch marks (even though these suckers are here to stay!)

We are trying to enjoy the last few days with just the two of us.  Swimming is definitely on the agenda, and we went to a super yummy thai food restaurant yesterday in SLC.  Tonight we are taking maternity (by the way I absolutely hate that word).... so let's re-phrase: tonight we are taking baby bump pictures with my best friend Denise.  Just to savor the pregnant days (hate that word too) before they are gone!

3 comments:

  1. I would add go see a movie, or maybe two or three, to that list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good idea! Probably much harder with a newborn!

    ReplyDelete