Friday, November 28, 2014

Christmas Tree Hunting

After a perfect Thanksgiving we are in full swing for Christmas!  Today we headed out to find our family Christmas tree.  We drove up by Mesa Falls and found a little road to look for the perfect tree.  Like on National Lampoons Christmas Vacation when the light beams down from the sky to the perfect tree.  Yea, that was us today :)

One thing we have realized time and time again since moving here is how perfect this place has seemed for us.  The day after Thanksgiving is free reign for decorating for Christmas and putting up Christmas trees in some areas, so we thought it would be busy up in the mountains.  but we didn't see a single person.  It was wonderful!!  We are loving Idaho. 

(Eli is into sticking his tongue out instead of smiling.  sheesh.  He must be 2)


 There were bear claw scratches all the way up this tree.  Pretty crazy!
 Just a little snow snack waiting for Dad to cut down the tree

So my genius brain forgot to put in the memory card on the camera, so they were saved on the internal memory. I haven't found the cord since moving yet so I can't get the picture off! Ggrrr. I tried to take a picture of the screen for the general idea, but I'm hoping I can get them off soon. 

That's our tree!
That's my man ;) 

 Isn't it cute?!?!

 I happened to take a picture right at the point in our movie where they were decorating the tree too.  haha!
 There it is, in its crooked, sparse, and perfect glory!
 I let Eli decorate a little tree for his room and he insisted on topping it with his....socks. 


1 comment:

  1. my favorite picture in the christmas tree adventure was the little tree that eli decorated with his sock for a topper. how funny. the bear claw marks were pretty impressive too. we don't have any snow down low, just rain and more rain which makes your snow look more beautiful and inviting. can't wait to come and see your home all decorated for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete