Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving in our Home!

This was the first holiday in our new home and it was soo fun to host it and cook!  Of course, I hardly took any pictures, but it was a great day.  Bryan's brother Steve and wife Jess came with their kiddos, and my best friend from college came with her hubby.  It was fun and relaxed, and sooo yummy!


I don't have any fall dishes, but I was set on not having paper plates and cups.  It just felt official having real plates and sparkling cider glasses too! :)

Goodness sakes these rolls were AMAZING.  The dough is mixed by hand (a kitchen aid is actually not recommended) and they were soo good.  Not difficult at all.  These will definitely be my new holiday rolls.  

We had:
Turkey
Dressing made from scratch
Rolls
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Green bean casserole
Sweet potatoes
Pistachio Fluff Salad
Cranberry Jelly
and Pies!!

 And I was really excited for a late night leftover turkey sandwich :)

It was an awesome day and I felt so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends join us in our new home.  It brings a special spirit to our home to have loved ones share memories with us.  But.... I think I need a break from cooking!

1 comment:

  1. the entire meal looks fabulous and so glad you got to share it with family and friends. that is what thanksgiving is all about. i love the old pilgrim story about how the feast went on for 3 days and the 90 indians that showed up with Massasoit as dinner guests brought 5 deer to feed the group. probably something your group could have done too. you have always been a master roll maker but these do look over the top scrumptious. .

    ReplyDelete