Saturday, April 4, 2015

5 Fact Friday

(I wrote this on Friday but it didn't post. Oops!)

1. This little boy loves crafts. We do one almost everyday. This week was plastic egg bunnys. He has carried them around the house all week!

2.it's been a picnic kind of week. Eli knows right where the picnic blanket is and always requests pink "wemonade". 

3. Thank heavens for running water! This boy is constantly getting filthy and constantly needing a bath. He LOVES to play outside, get muddy, and explore everything "boy" outside. Rocks, worms, spiders, leaves, you name it. And I love it. 

4. I had the worlds best squirt gun fight with this little guy. We played outside all afternoon just laughing and chasing. Sometimes he would come up to me and say "mom. Minute. Minute mom" then he would come give me a sweet hug around my leg and look up at me with those sweet blue eyes then start squirting me!!! A fun little memory I never want to forget. 
5.

Despite the picture potty training is going great! Eli decided he was ready to use his "frog potty" all on his own. We let him decide the timing and for about 2 weeks he was 75% dry and asking to go potty. Then he just quit and decided to use his diaper. I felt like I missed the boat! So this week we jumped into real potty training. He is wearing pull ups and only wets them 1-2 times a day. And the last 2 days in a row a "special toy" from the dollar store stash I have in my closet has been the best bribe for doing his other business on the potty. He's doing awesome and has adapted so well to using public bathrooms and the nursery bathroom. I'm so proud of him! 

2 comments:

  1. having your own house and own back yard has been the key for eli being able to do so many things... its like you both are 'at home' now and you guys play and learn and work and just spend time together. you work hard at being a full time stay at home mom and the pay for sure isn't in a paper paycheck but in hugs and smiles and temper tantrums and melt downs and learning to use the big potty! that's a lot going on - and all of it is wonderful!! thanks for sharing your lives with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the mud up to the elbows and then the close up picture of a well loved little boy!
    Eli's squirt gun tactics? Classic!

    ReplyDelete