Well....I don't think I can catch up from the last two months of missed blogging. My heart just hasn't been in blogging lately. (Sorry mom) so I'll try with a fresh start in Alaska. Bryan and Shane had a rare day off on the same day so we went to Canoe point. Its a short hike to a waterfall that can only be reached by boat. It was a blast!
Tuesday, June 21, 2016
Emma, at 9 months old you:
~ make the BEST scrunchy nose faces (see picture below!)
~ nurse more often now than you did last month! Back up to every 3 hours. Sheesh. I'm basically a dairy cow
~ like baby oatmeal and dry cereal, but not a lot of other people food
~ sleep...no you don't. You don't nap well or sleep well. Yea, you just suck at that sleeping thing
~ are so so happy and smiley
~ LOVE to play with Eli. All day, every day
~ crawl everywhere and love to be chased
~ can stand on your own
~ would rather crumple and nibble on books than sit and read them
~ loooove the pacifier and your soft fuzzy blankie. They are a must for any cuddles or naps
~ are a happy camper when you can go on a walk everyday
~ wave bye when its time to go to bed. It melts my heart every night
~ chat and babble all the time
~ are the best little sister and daughter we could imagine!
Posted by Bryan and Lizzie at 11:38 PM
Friday, April 15, 2016
1. Sunday night we had a big dinner with family and cousins and aunts and uncles. We are absolutely loving having some of our extended family members so close. It's so fun to be able to connect with them and for Eli to have his cousins be his best friends.
Bryan enjoying the fire with uncles, his brother, and his dad.
3. Little Miss has decided food isn't so bad. She is always going after whatever I'm eating. So much so she almost crawls to my plate! She snatched this rice cake right out of my hands as soon as I got home from track practice!
And she can't resist the box of tomatoes (that I need to can) sitting right by her. I'm always finding her gnawing on one.
Posted by Bryan and Lizzie at 8:43 AM
Monday, April 11, 2016
(I've been trying to post this since Friday but it wouldn't upload. So hopefully it'll be a really late Friday on Monday )
1. This weekend we enjoyed watching general conference. Eli really listened and picked up on words they were saying. While he doesn't understand much yet I at least want him to understand who our prophet is, and think about the feeling we have in our home while watching the Prophet and Apostles of the Lord.
2.we enjoyed a couple days of beautiful weather and got working outside. We seeded some areas of the yard that were bare and sparse and Bryan built Eli a dirt/digging box.
Eli was also a good big brother and tested Emma's new swing out for her :)
4. After a month of trying bites of people food and some baby food, Emma is getting the hang of it! She doesn't love the sweet baby food but she is getting better!
5. Today we are attending the sealing and marriage for Bryan's cousin. Eli and Emma will be staying with an aunt and uncle for a couple hours. We had dinner with them last night and Eli was loving feeding their chickens!
Posted by Bryan and Lizzie at 8:18 AM
Friday, April 1, 2016
We had a lovely quiet Easter at home. Sunday we went to church then had a yummy simple Easter dinner. We set up a quick egg hunt just for Eli ;) he loved it!
As I get older the significance of Easter becomes much more important than candy or Easter baskets or dying eggs. But to a 3 year old, those things are still so fun. We tried to teach him about the crucifixion and resurrection. But those are some pretty deep words for a little guy. Fingers crossed some of it stuck :)
Posted by Bryan and Lizzie at 7:26 AM