Sunday, June 26, 2011

Manti Pageant

Saturday Bryan and I drove down to Manti to meet up with Denise and Chad and go to the Manti Pageant.  The drive down was beautiful!!  We love the small towns and the really cool old houses.  We got to the temple around 1:30 and had lunch with Denise and Chad then we got to do a session in one of the oldest temples!!  I had never been to a live session and we loved it. I understood it better and different things stood out to me. I loved thinking about the other people who have attended the temple before me and even those who helped build it.  It was very beautiful. 

After the temple we saved our seats for the pageant then went to the little booths down the street and got lunch and snow cones!  

We walked around main street, played card games, relaxed in the grass and had a great day hanging out until the pageant started at 9:30 that night.



It was an absolutly perfect day and we enjoyed every minute of it with such great friends.  I am so grateful to be apart of this gospel and enjoy the blessings of the temple, and to know that my Heavenly Father loves me.

2 comments:

  1. i had the opportunity to go to this a few years ago when i was in utah but i didn't want to because no one explained to me what it really was. i heard pageant and thought of a beauty pageant. LOL! dang! next time for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful day and great memory you have created with your friends. i love the pageant and remember seeing it years ago with my sister sara. these are things that happen because you plan and make them an important part of your lives. looks like a perfect weather day too.

    ReplyDelete