Monday, January 23, 2012

Workin' Away

I got Friday off this past week and I could not have been happier!  I have had a cold all week so we spent Friday sleeping in (til 10) then relaxing at home.  Bryan had the day off too for end of term.  After lots of R&R I got a little antsy so I got to work on a diaper bag!

I didn't want to do one gender specific, just one that could be used by any baby.  I found a cute purse pattern online but I needed it bigger to hold baby junk, so I improvised and made up my own pattern.  As usual I got addicted and couldn't stop sewing for hours.  All I have left to add is the straps.  And I am going to make a little diaper/wipes holder instead of having to take the whole bag (at church or something).  Pictures are coming soon!!

2 comments:

  1. how about if you make a bag for clean diapers, and one for poopie diapers, and one for wipes, and one for a clean set of clothes... oh lizzie and her bags. you have had fabric and an idea for at least one more bag than you actually finished since you stitched the first one. remember some of the crazy sewing projects? but if you don't try how will you learn. how about making a bag for the stroller so you can put baby in the front, fill the bag with supplies and be off! hope that cold doesn't last til you make the next bag. love you, from the mom bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see it! Did yo choose that fabric you sent me the other day?

    ReplyDelete