Friday, October 26, 2012

Nursery

I apologize for not posting any pictures of Eli's nursery for well... 4 months now!  He moved in there about 2-3 weeks ago and the transition was totally fine!  He sleeps the same in his crib as he did in the bassinet.  Occasionally he'll sleep through the night.  I can only count a handful of times though.  Usually he wants to eat between 3-5 AM.  That is just a painful time to be awake :)
 
His nursery is pretty simple and there are a few things I would still like to add, but here are the basics:
I don't think this side of the room needs anything.  I was going to put baskets under the changing table, but this is much easier to get to.  My mom brought that basket of toys, and most of the books are from my childhood. 
 
This rocker gets lots of loves, everyday!
 
Sad lonely crib.  I know you aren't supposed to put toys in the crib, but He really needs a giraffe or someone in there so he's not all alone! And I want to add some yellow curtains too- Just across the top of the window.
 
We get that quilt out all the time and play on the floor and have tummy time.  I also still want to piant the dresser.  But with such dark knot holes I don't know what would cover it.  Should I white wash it?
 
 
I love seeing his blessing blanket everyday that Grandma Patty made

Okay all you decorators, what can I do to liven this space up on a pretty much non existent budget?  A rug, curtains, paint dresser, stuffed animals? Help!



 
 

3 comments:

  1. i agree that you could add something interesting without having to take out a bank loan. how about using fabric of the colors - yellow, turquoise, aqua, splash of orange and make some puffy soft window treatment (check out that very thing online on images). but if fabric from the store in way spendy, then buy the biggest, but right color, shirts and/or skirts from DI and use them! be creative and a bit wild and crazy - but frugal too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still have a handful of coupons for joann's so fabric is probably the cheapest decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can add a crib skirt so it doesn't have the look of a bunch of empty space. Also do a hanging mobile. Here is a link to one that my friend made for he twins room that is super cute and matches your colors. Also I think the window treatment will help as well.
    http://whatwillthewetherbee.blogspot.com/2011/11/nursery.html (this post shows what her whole nursery looks like).
    http://whatwillthewetherbee.blogspot.com/2012/03/no-naps-for-us.html (this one had some good, up close pictures of the mobiles.)
    She doesn't give instructions on her blog but I asked her once and she said that she just used the dowels and then a thick piece of paper and you string them up on and hang one string from each end. You should be able to figure it out from the pictures. But it would be inexpensive and add a little to that corner.

    ReplyDelete