Friday, October 11, 2013

#42, #68, & #72

#42  I just finished reading the 5 Love Languages book.  I enjoyed the whole thing, but especially the quiz at the end that Bryan was willing to take.  There were 30 questions that you had to pick the most relevant out of 2 choices.  The highest score you could get in any of the 5 categories (acts of service, physical tough, quality time, gift giving, or words of affirmation of 12.  Bryan scored 10 (out of 12) for quality time and I scored 11! We both tied our second choices with 7 points for acts of service and physical touch (woo woo!)

The book said it was uncommon for both partners to have the same primary love language, but we have always felt that quality time was really special between us.  Whatever we are doing, we both say that we would rather be with each other than anyone else! (Except maybe shopping at the fabric store).  But grocery shopping, fishing, driving somewhere, going on a walk, whatever- we'd rather be together!

#68 When my mom was here a couple weeks ago we canned pasta sauce! I also canned super yummy apples, and apple pie filling.  I did 3 more quarts today of plain apples.  I have been feeling prompted to increase our food storage (not just emergency food items) but things we would enjoy eating.  I just have a feeling with the way our government is going, our little family needs to be prepared to spend as little money as possible when needed and live off what we have.  So i'm trying to do my (very small) part.

#72  I (mostly) successfully made my first batch of gluten free cinnamon rolls!  They didn't raise really at all, but they still tasted amazing.  It was almost more of a cinnamon roll cake texture, but it definitely would fill the craving if I was in need of GF cinnamon rolls.  It has been our tradition to have cinnamon rolls during conference weekend since we were first married, when I was pregnant I cheated and bought frozen cinnamon rolls, and this year was GF.  Still a fun tradition!

Well there you have it, my first 3 things checked off my crazy long list!

1 comment:

  1. yeah! you go girl!! I saw your canned pie filling on FB and it looks delicious!! (I was reading a book about food storage and it totally talks about including 'psychological foods' that you would enjoy eating and give you that small comfort)

    ReplyDelete