Sunday, December 14, 2014

Mini Christmas Home Tour

Lots of fancy pants bloggers do "Home Tours" of all their Christmas decorations.  I don't aspire to be one of those bloggers but I wanted to give my (maybe 4) readers a glimpse of our home at Christmas, my favorite holiday of all time!

Here is the view from the front door.  This is were the majority of the decorations are.  I don't have many so I couldn't spread them throughout the house too much.


 Bryan's aunt made this dining table runner for us a few year ago and I love it!  Its perfect all through the holidays into January.  And I got those two candle wreaths for only 5$ each!  They were on sale at Porter's for 50% off but they forgot to change the tag so I got them for 50% off of 10$ instead of 18$.  Woohoo!
 I don't have many decorations in the kitchen at all.  Not quite sure how to spruce up this space but it has great counter space that I like to keep open!

 How can you resist those sweet Eli hand prints?  I LOVE this wreath we made together. 


I am in love with our stockings!  I had made 3 stockings a few years ago but wanted to have a complete set for when we have our complete family.  I made 8 stockings with different colors but all the same cuff.  (I don't exactly plan on having 6 kids but I wanted extra in case family or friends came to stay too).

My mom helped me make this Noel sign two years ago and I still love it in our new home.  It matches my style perfectly. 

And you can never have enough glitter!!
 
Eli loves this little nativity from my mom and plays with it everyday.  I love that he is learning about what Christmas is really about.  He loves "Baby Jesus" and frequently gives him kisses. 

 

 
 I am currently obsessed with this red buffalo check fabric.  I want to decorate everything in this fabric.  Pillows, curtains, scarves, dresses, I could go on.  Yikes.  But for now I have restricted myself to just pillows. 

A free printable, 1/2 eaten jar of candy canes, and those heavenly smelling pine cones take up this corner table.

 

 


Our Christmas tree makes me so happy! I love it in all its lopsided, sparse, and crooked glory!
 
Thank you dollar store for most of our decorations.  I love the different snowflakes in the tree.

This was a very inexpensive area to decorate but I love this space.  I made the glitter reindeer silhouette, added berries and flowers to the plain 3$ wreath, and added some ribbon to the candles. 

This little elf used to have a hat, but Eli likes to haul him around the house, and often sleep with him.  So along the way he lost his hat.  But I'd rather see him be loved and played with than just sitting on a shelf.
 


I couldn't find the perfect wreath, so I settled on a 6$ clearance swag.  I made a red bow to add some color.
 

 
And there  you have it!  Our little Christmas home tour.  We feel that this house is really starting to feel like home and I can't wait to create more memories here.  Merry Christmas!!

 

 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment