Saturday, December 3, 2011

Blessings of the Gospel

Today we were able to attend the baptism for our 8 year old niece.  I didn't bring my camera up to Idaho, so i'll have to commandeer some pictures from this weekend and post them when I can, but it was a fun (but short) trip.  Macy is 8 going on 20.  She is so grown up, intelligent and beautiful.  She knows the Gospel so well and will be a great member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I vaguely remember my baptism at eight years old.  I was lucky enough to actually be baptized on my birthday.  The whole baptism night was just for me and I didn't have to share it with anyone else.  Macy had 2 other girls and a little boy as well, which is how they do it in Idaho and Utah with so many members.  I wore a velvet floral dress with puffy sleeves, it was special.  I remember our old stake president was one of the speakers and I remember being baptized and receiving a big wet hug from my dad.  My mom helped me get cleaned up and ready then I was confirmed.  There were so many priesthood holders to hug after I was confirmed.  Afterward we had cake served in the church and we got to visit with friends and family who came. 

It was a special day and I didn't want to ruin the clean purity I felt.  I remember thinking if I sin now I have already messed up my baptism covenants.  I don't think I quite understood that every week when I took the Sacrament I could be forgiven.  I think I made it until the next day before getting "dirty."  Special memories.

Do you remember your baptism?

No comments:

Post a Comment