Saturday, December 17, 2011

Manicotti Stuffed Shells.... Heaven

Dinner tonight was pretty much amazing!  I made super easy manicotti stuffed shells.   Ready for the how to?
Cook manicotti shells (or jumbo shells) according to package, but just al dente or they will be too soft and tear.
 mix 15 oz. ricotta cheese, 1 egg, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, some italian seasonings and a bit of salt.
I put the filling into a plastic bag and cut the tip and squooshed it into the tubes. High tech language there by the way.

Layer a bit of spaghetti sauce on bottom and the rest of the jar on top.  sprinkle with a bit of cheese and bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 then 15 minutes uncovered. 



It was soo good and really easy to make.  Bryan liked too.  He almost licked his plate clean!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you still blog even when you are crazy busy! It gives me something to do since I am not nearly as motivated to cook and craft and all those other things that you do! ;) My mom makes manicotti (i think even the same recipe). I love it! So good! And the puppy chow looks amazing! You should train me sometime on doing effective grocery shopping and meal planning because I'm SO bad and I need to be better! Your blog always inspires me! But somehow I still lack the motivation to get up and do the things I get so excited reading about on your blog. Hmmm...well maybe if I just keep reading I will get there someday and be as good a homemaker as you are! Hang in there this last week! Love you bunches! Hope you guys have a spectacular Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too sweet Steph! Honestly, Pinterest has given me great cooking recipe ideas. The last 3 recipes on my blog are from there! I like to make a list of 5 meals and then list out the ingredients I need for each of those recipes, but I stick to the easy quick ones. Then I get those few things on my grocery list plus snacking things like apples and bananas and stuff. I haven't mastered it, but it really helps make the week go smoother when I have things that I can quickly pull from.

    ReplyDelete