Monday, March 19, 2012

Forget Me Not


This evening I read the article by President Uchtdorf called Forget Me Not.  It was exactly what I needed in the middle of a week with lots of things on my mind.  Here is the article

Often in life I get caught up in  the big things of life like the monotony of work everyday, wondering if we will ever have enough money for a house and large family, ect.  But I can't explain how many times I do forget the beautiful little forget-me-nots that make the world a wonderful place.  The laughs Bryan and I share, the hobbies I enjoy of sewing and quilting, the peaceful walks we take together, the little tiny kicks my baby gives me, the simple life we have.  So many things can get looked over.

He also talks about 5 points to the Forget Me Not.  These are so important.  "Yet we spend so much time and energy comparing ourselves to others—usually comparing our weaknesses to their strengths."  Why do we do this?  I find myself doing it daily, comparing myself to others doing exactly what he says, my worst to their best.  It was a very good reminder that we need to love ourselves and be happy with who we are, and the true potential we have to become perfect someday. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this reminder! I, too, compare my worsts to others bests. A few months ago I printed this talk out and wrote/highlighted it all over. It's definitely one of my current favorite talks. I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been quilting your aqua and yellow quilt for baby boy while listening to and watching past general conferences. it helps me get ready for the next one coming up soon by listening to past ones. those talks are like finding a lost friend when we read them again and the words feel so familiar and we know it is truth that is spoken and something that someone taught us long long ago and we just needed to be reminded of it. maybe you will find the little blue flowers on a couple of the fabrics of the quilt and it will remind you that your best is always good enough. you aren't in competition with anyone!! i think you are almost perfect... practically perfect in every way. i love you!!

    ReplyDelete