Monday, September 9, 2013

101 Things Come and Gone

Does anyone remember this post?

I made a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days.  It began January 1, 2011 and is set to end this September.  I have thought about it occasionally, but have not been dilligent at reviewing my goals. 

I complete 66 out of 101.  (According to my school teacher husband thats only a 65% which is not so hot.  But I enjoyed making the list and thinking about where my life would take me in 2.75 years.  I have changed some goals that I had previously written down, but overall really enjoyed my list.

I plan to start another one when this one ends.  But this time I plan to post my list somewhere to see often and mark off each one as I do it, and I think I will also allow myself to change my list as time goes on.  It seems a little too ambitious to try to complete 101 things, but many are very simple activities, and I am excited to see what our little family does in the next few years!


Here is my old list:
1. finish personal journal But I started another!
2. continue on blog I've been doing it over a year now! I need to print all the posts
3. print pictures on camera(of Eli at least) :)
4. laugh til I cry Being pregnant does crazy things to your emotions!
5. get new glasses

6. try new hair cut 7. play all hymns in 'easy hymn book'
8. practice piano 3 x a week for one month
9. send christmas cards
10. read the persian pickle club

11. read 3 cups of tea
12. buy red high heels or knee high boots ( my shopping indulgence)

I found leather boots at Nordstrom rack for 30 bucks!! Woot! oh yea- and maybe another pair from old Navy. i think I found a addiction!
13. get a pedicure Thanks Jess!
14. attempt to write a children's story- just for fun
15. Do Visiting teaching each month
16. try yoga It felt so good while pregnant, I need to get back into it!
17. Submit a quilt in the county fair yea! It was so fun! I got 2nd, 3rd, and 4th :)



Family:
18. go camping
19. write Granny every month (I wrote her each month until she passed away. I will really miss our letter writing)
20. visit Doug in Tennessee
21. go puddle jumping
22. sunset togetherwatch
23. double money in savings account (it didn't take long because there wasn't much in it, but we're still adding to it)
24. save 1 income when we are both full time (Such a great feeling!)
25. visit foreign country
26. spend weekend at ski resort
27. have Bryan get accepted to grad school (He started May 2nd through Walden University)
28. get new family pictures

29. invite new couple over for games (Played bocci ball with Troy and Sidney. So fun!!)
30. fly a kite
31. go on picnic
32. visit zoo or aquarium

33. go to the beach It was in Alaska, which isn't what I had thought, but it counts!
34. run 5 K with Bryan Ran sweatin' for Sarah!
35. eat at Gardner Village

36. play basketball together
37. start a new christmas tradition
38. get new tires for car

39. build a sandcastle
40. visit Alaska
41. go fishing

42. visit state we've never been to 43. decorate tree for animals at christmas
44. get pictures with Granny (Got to see her this week!) Pictures to come soon
45. go to Color Me Mine
46. cash in our extra change
47. make a snowman
48. watch a 3D movie
49. go to a play( we saw Diary of Anne Frank and it was excellent!! why do i never take pictures of these things?)
50. go snorkeling



Spiritual:
51. Read entire Ensign each month

52. have family prayer and scripture study every day for 2 weeks
53. read Book of Mormon front to back
54. re-memorize articles of faith
55. attend 4 new temples (draper, oquirrh mountain, jordan river, St. George, Manti)

56. Read and study the whole Preach My Gospel
57. Bare testimony at least twice in church
58. Study entire conference issue of ensign

Food and Cooking:
59. make homemade root beer
60. make homemade ravioli
61. save coupons and use for one grocery trip
62. try 3 new recipes in a month
63. try cooking with Panko bread crumbs

64. can a fruit or vegetable (I canned applesauce!!!)
65. try new cookie recipe (Cakemix cookies are my new favorite)
66. make jam Thanks for teaching me mom!
67. make a successful loaf of bread Finally!! A recipe that's a keeper!
68. make homemade caramel
69. grill asparagus (Did this for Valentines dinner and it was delicious!!)
70. don't eat out for 2 weeks straight
71. make homemade sushi Thanks Doug!

Home:
72. buy couch (pictures to follow!)
73. get a christmas tree 74. plant a garden
75. get curtains (I'll post pictures of our home soon but Mom and I made some great ones!)
76. get living room rug
77. tidy house daily
78. get print to decorate living room
79. re-organize disaster closet
80. finish unpacking (For this apartment at least)

Crafts and Sewing:
81. donate 25 knitted hats
82. donate 15 sewn dresses
83. bind baby quilt (finished my very first real pieced, completely hand done quilt!)
84. make quilt
85. design my own quilt pattern
86. make advent calendar It is an activity calendar for something to do every day. I'm excited!
87. paint night stand (Bryan did this while I was at work one day!)
88. paint coffee table
89. make table runner
90. make wall decoration (check out Decor Day off post)
91. refinish headboard

92. learn from Granny to crochet snowflakes (Very special weekend with Granny learning from her)
93. make wreath (Mom helped me and I love it! It's hanging in our living room)
94. refinish dresser or other piece of furniture
95. make craft as seen from craft or design blog (filter paper wreath)

Health and Fitness:
96. work out 3x a week for 2 months
97. stay at or under current weight (Even after having a baby) :)
98. get “6 pack”
99. run 5 miles
100. complete 5 k race (i put this one on twice-- maybe I need to do it twice!)

101. Complete my list of 101 things

1 comment:

  1. omg i am totally going to copy-cat and steal this from you! haha i love a lot of things you listed, and I think it would make me feel super accomplished to check things off a list :)

    ReplyDelete