Monday, September 30, 2013

Living Room Shelf

When my mom was here she helped me build an awesome living room shelf!  I had two very short shelves but I wanted a long shelf to act more as a mantle.  I followed this tutorial for the basic idea then adjusted it to fit my vision. 
 
We used 1x6x4' boards and a small quarter round trip piece because the 1x2 seemed too big.  I love the slightly rustic look with the wood grain still showing through!
 
Then it was time to decorate!

 And you gotta add a little glitter ;)





Just a few simple touches to welcome in fall.  I wasn't in the mood to decorate but with the help from my mom it was really fun.  We also got the other decorations and Christmas decorations organized so I'm ready for Christmas now too!

3 comments:

  1. i love to look at these pictures and remember what we did and made together. it was a splendid few days and didn't seem super hurried or rushed but we did get a lot done. one hint - be sure and proof read your blog before you hit 'submit'...even though the words are real words so the spell check doesn't catch it, it makes your grammar sound funny or the whole sentence is strange...'quarter round trip (trim) piece'......

    ReplyDelete
  2. lizzie you are so cute, i wish we lived closer so we could craft and decorate together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsea I need another crafting buddy! :)

    ReplyDelete