Tuesday, September 10, 2013

One of Those Days

Do you ever have one of those days where things go great?!  I felt like I accomplished more on monday than I do in an entire week!

I did Pilates while Eli napped in the morning,then read my scriptures  and still had time to do 2 loads of laundry and empty the dishwasher before he woke up. Then we went to the park, grocery store, and played outside. He helped me make dinner early and get it in the fridge, then Bryan came home! I went for a run and he put Eli down for his afternoon nap.  We had dinner together while Eli was still snoozing (heavenly quiet moments!) and went to the park after dinner.  It was such a good day!

Eli is a terrible eater and yesterday we got a record breaking 4 jars of baby food/baby yogurt in him.  He doesn't really like people food so he still gets baby mush.  AND we have been doing "cry it out" since last Friday.  After 15 months of Eli not sleeping through the night we have had it!!

He only fussed a bit the first night so we thought it would go great. Not quite. The second night he cried for about 15 minutes twice in the night. Little by little he's getting better and last night he slept through the night without making a peep!! Little victories!!!

I'm sure it'll take me a while to learn to sleep through the night again ;)




6 comments:

  1. Is it just me, or did he turn into a grown up overnight?? For being a picky eater, he sure looks healthy! Your day sounds a lot like the opposite of all my days lately. I forgot to pick up my girls on time Monday (early release, and I remembered ALL day until like 45 minutes before time to pick them up, and then I completely lost track of time). Addie asked me all night why I forgot about them. I kept telling her that I didn't forget about them, and I would never forget about them. I just lost track of time. She said the morning prayer Tuesday morning and prayed that I wouldn't forget about them anymore and that I would come to pick them up from school so they wouldn't have to stay at school forever(hey! I did pick you up, just a little late). Kids make you feel so good about yourself. :) Your Oregon pictures are fun. I like the ones of Eli with your mom in the garden. Cute. I also don't blame him for eating the sprinkles; his feet looked clean. (Although I'm sitting here eating a bowl of cookie dough, so I may not be the best judge?) I love the picture you took of the pink flower (is it a zinnia, or does that just show how ignorant I am?). It's a beautiful flower, buy you captured it so well! I also miss rain and green. We have had lots of rain here though, so it's been nice (other than the water issues it's caused).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel he has grown overnight too! He's still under the 10th % in both height and weight but he looks healthy to me! We need to one visit you guys soon. And yes it is a zinnia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you girls are talking about the pink flower from my garden you sweet things are both wrong...you don't know a petunia from a parsnip!! it is a dahlia. they are perennials here in oregon, grown from tubers that i leave in the ground and cover over with mulch or compost after cutting them down late in the fall. they grow about 3 or 4 feet tall and have many many different colors and varities. when they get heavy blooms it is best to tie them to stakes so they don't fall over and break the stems. some get as large as dinner plates and others are tiny as a quarter. easy to grow so they do well in the garden where they are forgotten sometimes. compare them to zinnias and you can easily see a difference in their leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I remember you saying that now. Sheesh. Who Am I to think I know flowers when you are the master gardener!

      Delete
    2. Oh, I (obviously) meant to type dahlia...darn autocorrect. Anyone who knows me, knows how much I know about all growing things. Just don't ask Steve. Whatever we are calling it, it's beautiful (I guess a rose by any other name WOULD smell just as sweet!).

      Delete
  4. there is a real title for master gardener and i have NOT earned that title .... classes to take, things to know. i am just one who enjoys futzing around outside in the garden and call it garden work but it really is garden play.

    ReplyDelete