Friday, September 6, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Eli and I got to go home to Oregon for a few days last week.  I forgot how much I missed home!

I miss the green year round, the misty dewy mornings, the drizzly rain, the perfect blue sky with fluffy cotton candy clouds, and the feeling of "home". Eli felt right at home with my mom exploring her backyard, eating every vegetable he could find, and of course getting dirty!


What a little boy ;)


Munchin' on a cucumber


And green pepper

And tomatoes 





"Helping" us plant in the front yard 

Came in for lunch and he found the sprinkles. Ooh boy did he ever! And then decided to eat them right off his feet :)

Back to work making a mess!



When I imagine what the Garden of Eden looked like, I always picture my mom's yard.  She has a incredible green thumb and can make anything grow to its fullest potential. I love wandering through, admiring how vibrant the colors are in each flower, plant, and fruit. 

We call it her Garden of Tranquility. 


2 comments:

  1. i miss my gardening helper. for a couple of days we had amazing rains, like real utah rains, not like our lighter oregon rains, and now the gardens are really in need of some serious tending, and i have no helper. send him back!! i miss him wandering around with me eating our way from tomatoes to peppers to cucumbers to beans to zucchini to other tomatoes....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that he felt so at home that he would just munch on veggies and explore with you. He fit right in ;)

      Delete