Friday, October 7, 2011

I wish weekends were longer

I just can't think of much to write about for this week.  I worked a lot.  We had an employee quick so we are now all working our tails off to pick up the slack.  People at work kept reassuring themselves that they paycheck would be bigger from working 11 hour days and overtime, but i'd rather be home and poor than be a workaholic and wealthy.

Tomorrow Bryan and I are taking pictures with my best friend Denise and her husband.  Then its off to roller skating for a double date!  I'm so excited to do something new and fun! And of course I'll post pictures as soon as I can! 

Oh, and also on the weekend list of to-do's is watching Hocus Pocus.  I'm number 38 in line at the library for it, but don't have time to wait til next Halloween before its my turn, so i'll get it at Redbox!

And I also want to make this:
Pinned Image
But that means drinking how many gallons of milk?!  Maybe just one or two :)  there are fake tea lights at the dollar store that I will probably put in the jugs so they last me til Halloween.  I'm not a huge halloween decorator, but these can be tossed after the spooky night.  Easy!


And dreaming of sewing this:
Pinned Image

What are your weekend plans?

5 comments:

  1. Nice quilt lady! You should've had us save milk cartons for you...we go through a lot of milk. I don't usually decorate for Halloween at all; it's not one of my favorites either. This year, I have 3 or 4 Halloween decorations, and I keep feeling like I've gone all out for it! I am with you also on longer weekends. Steve had to work some yesterday and today, so it feels like he doesn't get any time off before he goes back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. drink that much milk, never!! just post a sign up on the garbage dumpster that you want some white plastic gallon milk jugs for a project, take them home and wash them with a little bleach water in the tub (cleaning the tub at the same time!) and you are set to decorate.

    the pink dress is totally you!! and in pink, not blue either. that model could pass for you, or you could pass for her. the accessories are what make the dress something special.... like a crazy wild belt or big chunky interesting jewelry or a scarf made of slinky beautiful fabric.... and boots or something with some class and snap! you go girl and make that dress

    ReplyDelete
  3. one quick question, how are the tea battery lights put inside the plastic jugs? a hole cut in the back, in the bottom or someone with really really long super skinny fingers poked them through the top. we use water distilled water for the sterilizer for work so that is my source of water jugs.... thanks for the idea.... no one will know i was a total copy cat from my very smart, clever daughter. is she about the best girl around :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay! Hopefully I don't miss anything! One-I love your new quilt and your new banner! Two-I don't know that I've ever actually watched Hocus Pocus all the way through but I always think I should! I so want to watch some classic Halloween movies! Three-I love the milk jug ghosts too! I posted them on my blog a while ago and still haven't made them! I think of it every time I get through a milk jug and then I still throw it away. Ugh! I need to just keep them and do the project! Four-super excited to see your pictures! Last-we miss hanging out with you guys! We need to get together soon! :) Whew! I think I got it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OR you can just buy gallons of water or something like that! :) Those are cute. I can't wait to see how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete