Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I need a vacation!

I am still working about 50 hours a week because we are (still) short on staff, AND we are getting another doctor in our clinic.  Ouch.  I am working every day, including my days off in October, November, and so far December.  I need a break!! 

It is emotionally exhausting and very stressful.  We are doing EMR (electronic medical records) so we're using computers instead of paper charts, which means new training, procedures, and lots of learning and staring at a computer screen.  Those things plus everything else in life thats going on makes for a very tired Lizzie.

Good news is that Bryan is having laser eye surgery tomorrow!  No more glasses for him!  yay!  Pictures to come :)

7 comments:

  1. tomorrow is the big day for bryan? is this laser PRK or lasik? i have no concerns because he is so ready for this procedure and it will be such a wonderful change to not battle with glasses and contacts in a dry straining classroom environment. he has a super duper hot (but very tired) nurse to take care of him and she is no nonsense but not a freak out queen either so it will be a wonderful experience. congratulations to you both and let me know if you need a single thing. want me to bring over some chocolate cake and funeral potato casserole? love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you do need a vacation, i didn't mean to brush off that comment. just close your eyes (don't go to sleep) for a minute and picture 2 short months from now you will be home, wrapped up in a blankie and hanging out with the fam, playing a game, christmas music in the background, molly in the chair with you, maybe a fire.... lights on the tree, finding all kinds of yummy food to eat and little things to snack on and just loving every minute of a VACATION!! i can't wait either

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send me an invite too! ;) That sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with Bryan's surgery! And I hope you get the break you need! You so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. is it Decembe 22 yet? It makes me homesick! But i'll keep positive and stay excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. december 22 is your birthday AND you are coming home. what is a better present for everyone that for my baby girl to be home for christmas. i will be the happy crying mom at the airport with the birthday cake and candles and tinsel in my hair to totally embarrass you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally get how you feel about working so much!! We have been going to EMR too, and we have had a lot of changes which have lead to me working a lot too.... I feel ya! It seems like you guys are doing well though, I like to be able to catch up on what you are up too :)

    ReplyDelete