Monday, October 3, 2011

Welcome October!


Oh Candy corn- your sweet, cavity causing goodness. 
 And you just look so great in my hurricane jar!

I got a yard of Burlap for 2 dollars at Joann's this morning!  I made a quick handmade banner for fall this afternoon and I am loving the addition. 




Here is a great tutorial for making the banner and stencil letters.
  I hand painted my letters so they are pretty crooked
but I didn't have Freezer Paper on hand. 

I also made another banner for pictures next weekend that my
bestie Denise is going to take for us.  They'll be posted soon!

1 comment:

  1. oh this looks even better on your blog than on a cell phone picture. it is so colorful and cheerful and homey. you certainly have an eye for color and texture and making something lovely out of a teeny little budget. thank you for sharing. the white puffy berry garland looks perfect for this season's decoration and will transition right into fall and thanksgiving. just add a big ole roasted turkey, some traditional cranberry sauce and a white pilgrim hat and you will be ready for the family to gather around the table while aunt bethany recites the pledge allegiance with her head bowed.

    ReplyDelete