Sunday, February 19, 2012

Spring Has Sprung

So I thought Spring was thinking about coming so I made a little spring art piece for the living room.  Then I wake up to 4 inches of snow.... hmm... I guess it'll just be spring inside! 

Thanks to Pinterest I found a fun easy craft to welcome Spring.
First, get a 14 x 14" piece of framed canvas from Hobby Lobby, which happens to be 30 % off right now. 

Then get some scrapbook paper for the birdies and modge podge (which can be spendy but I used my 40% off coupon).



Then cut out little leaves and two birds (or as many as you want!) I also cut out bits of yellow for their beaks. I traced with a pencil where I wanted to paint the branches.


Sorry its blurry, but after tracing the lines, paint the back of each leaf with a little modge podge, and then "modge podge" it on the canvas.  I bought matte modge podge so it didn't even show up when you paint over the sides. Perfect!  Then use a little brown acrylic craft paint and paint brown branches on.


I'm not loving the shells and starfish there right now.  I need a few spring-y things.  Ideas?

Anyway, this adds a little bright color to our apartment!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I make my own modge podge. Just mix elmer's glue and water. That's what we used when we did the letters of Connor's name that we hung on his wall. Then I just use a sponge brush to apply it. Super easy and way cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done that before too, but I read that homemade can make whites look yellowish over time so on white canvas I decided to splurge (a whole 3.50). haha.

    ReplyDelete