Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Squeaky Clean

While mindlessly wandering through Pinterest this evening I found an idea for a mason jar soap dispenser.  Like these:


Pinned ImagePinned Image

But the vintage blue jars aren't cheap, and my kitchen is mostly red so it wouldn't quite match anyway.  So I quickly whipped up my own.  I used a smaller jam jar because who actually needs an entire quart of soap on their kitchen counter! 

I found a black soap pump from some icky smelling soap I got free from work.  Other colors of pumps would be fun too.  Suave makes silver pumps, Jergens makes aqua pumps, ect.  Any color would be great! 

So... Exhibit A:

Isn't it horrible?  I remember buying it when we first got married (okay only 2 1/2 years ago) because we needed any soap dispenser in the apartment, but still how gross!  It has all sorts of .... welll.... stuff on it.  Its been in the kitchen okay!

Exhibit B:

I know its simple (sorry about the white background).  And maybe I'll add colored soap, or even spray paint the lid to match the pump.  But for now at least its clean!

1 comment:

  1. so did you have to poke a hole through the jelly jar flat lid for the black pump to go through? how about putting a piece of red ribbon around the jar. it makes it less slippery than soapy hands on a glass jar, it adds a little color and ties it into your kitchen and it can be changed quickly. good idea though for something fast, cute and to get those hands clean.

    ReplyDelete