Saturday, April 14, 2012

I Had a Dream

I don't have normal dreams.  Ever. Mine are always super wacky, but this one was actually thought provoking.  It made me think about what I dreamt last night as I layed in bed this morning.

Bryan and I were living at my mom's house in Oregon.  We already had our baby and he was asleep on the bed. We looked out the window the across the street there was a fire station on fire.  The flames and blazes were coming towards the backyard and we needed to evacuate the house to find safety.  I remember hugging and kissing Siam (our well loved kitty who died a couple years ago), and sending him outside where he could escape. 

Then we started to gather necessities that we needed in an emergency.  A change of clothes, toothbrushes, eyeglasses, our small store of emergency cash we have, and for some reason I wanted my new set of scriptures I just got.  My mom keeps her emergency pack in the closet so we grabbed that knowing it would have food, blankets, a radio, ect.  (All this was going on while Baby was sound asleep on the bed. haha).  I just kept thinking in my dream, what is really important to me.  What matters the most that I HAVE to have it when we leave?

I woke up wondering what in my life is so dear to my heart to my heart that I can't leave it behind.  When Bryan and I talk about this, I say my computer because it has SO many pictures from over the past many years, that to me are cherished memories.  But that never occured to me in my dream. Besides some money for our family, all I wanted was my scriptures, and my loved ones.

I am grateful (even though its only a dream) that the scriptures came to my mind first.  Maybe I just don't have a lot of physical things that I need to have with me.  Makes me think though, in case something like that ever happened.

What would you take with you?? 

3 comments:

  1. i like this dream only maybe instead of calling it a dream, you can use a phrase from 1 samuel and call it a 'night vision'. perhaps it was to bring to the front of your mind the things that are important and how we can all be a little better prepared. but glad that you were at my house and we know where things are and that some stuff is actually ready for such an emergency. now sleep well and no more crazy dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had almost this exact same dream a few months after Claire was born- there was a huge field behind our house and the fire was coming right at us. While I got Claire I sent Devin to get our file-box of personal documents and the temple bags. Isn't it funny how we didn't even consider our big ticket items at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting we had similar dreams! I think in my dream I even thought, "we should have made copies of our personal documents." Maybe that was a mini wake up for me to get that in order.

    ReplyDelete