Thursday, April 12, 2012

Things for Baby

I will post about Easter when I find the cord for my camera.  In the meantime I was thinking about what I need for Baby (besides a name).  Maybe this is more of a list for me to keep track of, but advice is always appreciated!!

I Have:
bouncer seat
blankets
clothes (enough to get by for now til I really know what I need)
nightgowns
crib
changing table
changing pad
hooded towel
diaper bag
front pack carrier

I Need:
car seat
bassinett?
stroller
diapers
wipes
bum cream
lovies (cloth diapers)
newborn pacifiers
bottles?
breast pump??
thermometer
baby wash
crib sheets
baby room decorations (lamp, whicker baskets, curtains, wall things, ect)

Oh goodness... that seems like a lot of things!  Haha!  I am sure there will be a million more things I have never imagined.  And having a newborn in Alaska, I won't be able to run to Walmart to get things.  I need to have things ready for improvise :)

4 comments:

  1. I thought you guys weren't doing cloth diapers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need lots of baby milk and patience and sleep and a couple of well used time proven moms to help you when you have had enough and for bryan to be willing to do whatever he needs to do and together you guys will figure out what is to make your little family healthy and happy and to survive those first rugged few months.....we'll get much of that stuff when i am there and you can stock up again in ketchikan before going to craig. think of babies through the ages and throughout the world.... somehow they all survived in various situations and you learn to improvise and laugh at disasters and avoid those situations that can't be laughed at.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're lovies Crystal! haha. they're better for burp clothes and wash clothes and things like that, because they're really soft and absorbant. and my brother called them lovies so thats what our family calls them

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi crystal... didn't lizzie tell you that she is only using cloth diapers and washing them on the wash board with homemade soap. he will only drink baby milk til he can shoot his own food or learn to fish with bryan and they are wrapping him in swaddling clothes only made of natural fibers (like grass and straw and wood). are you kidding!! bring on disposable diapers and single use bum wipes and take out pizza for dinner.

    ReplyDelete