Tuesday, May 1, 2012

DIY T Shirt Scarf

I found a etsy shop where T Shirt Scarves are made and thought I could try making my own.  they are fun for summer when you need an accessory but its too hot for a real scarf.  Here is my first attempt.  I bought a Men's Large shirt at Joanns and used my 50% off coupon so it was only two dollars!

*If you make this, pre-wash your shirt.  I ended up with tons of little shirt lint pieces.  oops!*

Cut 1" strips across the shirt, which will make about 15-17 strips.  I cut off the hem and discarded that piece.

Once they're cut, give them a little stretch to make them curl.

I did a braid along the back, then used the rest as the loops in the front.  I really like it!



It only took a hour, and I didn't even touch my sewing machine, which is nice sometimes :) Can't wait to wear it!

1 comment:

  1. Nice scarf. You are not huge! Your new apartment looks nice...can't wait for you guys to be able to move in and enjoy it. I think that pretty much covers everything! :) We had fun spending time with you guys last weekend.

    ReplyDelete