Friday, May 11, 2012

Do You Have a Baby in Your Tummy?

Wednesday evening Bryan and I went on a walk through a neighborhood near our apartments.  The neighborhood is mostly members of our ward.  As we were walking we saw a mom of one of our primary girls.  We teach the 5-6 year old kids and their daughter is a twin in our class.  Her sister is in the other class.  They are very cute girls and she likes to sit on my lap during primary.  Lately she has been wiggling around on my lap trying to lean back and get comfortable.  She turned to me a couple weeks ago and said, "You'r belly is too big.".  Ha.  Tell me about it!

  Well apparently her mom said she is very excited for our baby to come, and thinks everyone is having a baby.  She has been telling people in the ward that her mom is having a baby (which she's not), and asked her two grandmas when they are having babies.  Her mom said she has even asked some 'larger' ladies when they are having babies which made for a very awkward conversation about how she doesn't think they look pregnant and fat, but just that women should have babies!  We got a good laugh that night!

I can't believe that this baby of ours could be coming in a little over a month!  WOW.  I have to much to do, things to purchase and prepare, and just so many questions in my mind.  I am very excited, but its a scary thought too.  I can't wait to meet him and see his face, but I am so nervous that something might be wrong.  There have been no indiciations of that but I just worry way too much.  And I hope he's a good eater and sleeper (especially since we'll be living with Bryan's parents for two months in Alaska when he's a newborn.)  And i'm afraid of time going by too quickly.  It seems that time goes faster and faster now than it ever did, and that scares me.  I want him to stay a baby until i'm good and ready for him to grow up! 

3 comments:

  1. remember this one thing.... every age a child is at is the very best. i love the ages my kids are now... they can feed themselves and are potty trained and don't need car seats (just seat belts) and can communicate. their ages are the very best. now i can see what beautiful people they are, and how they are a blend of so many people and circumstances, how their sense of humor has developed, and how they have their own personalities... and they are NOT to old to tuck into bed or to kiss and on the head and be super proud of them when they do something that was hard for them. every age is the best! enjoy each one just for the short moment that it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The time will definitely go by fast. That's why you just have another one! Just kidding! Two this close will be a challenge for sure but every time I look at Connor I can't believe how big and toddler-esk he is already. So just be prepared to enjoy the baby stages while they last :) Also, if you didn't worry about problems or feel just a little bit scared I'd think something was wrong with you! But don't worry too much! Chances are he'll be happy and healthy and if there are problems, you of all people know how amazing modern medicine is! :) Anyway, I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet the little guy! Good luck with the last month or so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love little primary girls. A little girl I baby sat saw me in church and asked me how I got a baby in my tummy :) I just smiled and told her her mom would tell her. I completely understand all your questions and concerns. Trust me though, when it's time for that sweet little baby to come, you'll just want him here no matter what :) I'm sure he'll come out just as healthy as can be! Oh, and if you figure out a way to slow down time, I would sure love to know your secret. James is already outgrowing some of the cutest little things he does. The good side to that is that the things he does now are pretty stinkin cute too. Good luck, we'll be thinking of you guys.

    ReplyDelete