Tuesday, August 23, 2011

2nd Anniversary!!

I surprised Bryan for our second anniversary and took him to a cute little Bed and Breakfast that I had reserved a month before.  I had to pack super quick while he was in the shower just before we left so he wouldn't know what was happening.  Then I told him we were going for a drive and gave him directions to follow (with an undisclosed location).  We ended up at the cutest B&B that was built in 1890!!  I had our clothes, temple clothes, and lots of snacks all ready to go.  Here is our room:
This is the original chandelier from when the house was built.  If only that lamp could tell stories! 




This was the first house built in this subdivision. We went for a walk that evening and there were soo many awesome houses built in the late 1800's and early 1900's.  They were beautiful.














And of course a Bed and Breakfast comes with a delicious meal! 

The next day we went to the Salt Lake Temple to do a session.  We needed 4 dollars to park, but neither of us brought dollar bills.  We scrounged up our change from under the seat, in the cup holder, and my purse and came out with almost enough!! 






After the temple we ate a very yummy lunch at the Lion House Pantry resturant which is part of the Beehive House that Brigham Young built in 1865. 










We stopped briefly at the museum next to the Family History Center.  Here is a replica of the sun stone on the Nauvoo temple.  There is an original at the Smithsonian.  Very Cool!  I have been in the Nauvoo temple, but someday Bryan and I will get to go together.


These are the death masks from when Joseph and Hyrum were killed.  Very interesting to see all this great church history. 
I love to see the temple and I'm so grateful I married my best friend for eternity.  We're a great match and I am excited for the years to come!!!

3 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing your wonderful fast get away with us. you have done more in that short time, than many of us do in a week, and it was all of lasting importance too. you are both very blessed and lucky (and i know appreciative) to be with someone you like AND love. this looks like a beautiful day shared by a beautiful couple doing beautiful things! i love you both!! mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! You are so much more creative than me! :) I got Jeremy a card and a mini refrigerator for his classroom. He got me flowers and some cute jewelry and then we went out to dinner. You find such fun things to do! Looks like you had a lot of fun! How did you like the live session? I keep wanting to go do one there but we haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved the live session. And being a special couple made it even more fun :) We have been to Manti and that's live too. I pay a lot better attention because each time its different depending on who's there

    ReplyDelete