Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sweatin For Sarah!!


Today Bryan and I completed our first 5k together!! I have not run that far  (a whole 3.5 miles) in 5 years so this was a big deal.  It was Sweatin For Sarah who is my cousin Dan's incredible wife who is fighting cancer. 

We headed up to Sugar House in Salt Lake area and got our T-shirts and numbers.  I saw my other cousin (who is Dan's sister) and her husband and three kids.  I waved at her and she waved back but didn't realize it was family!  It took a few seconds for it to click :) We had a fun time visiting with them.

Bryan said the 3.5 miles went by fast... but i thought it was very long! But we did it together without stopping (except for sweaty hugs for Dan and Sarah at the 1/2 way point where she was waiting).  We came in at....dare I say.... 35:08.  haha.  that's about a 10.5 minute mile :)


 This is us.. post race :)
 When Sarah came through the finish line (she couldn't run but still crossed after we were lined up)  we all let go of our purple balloons!

 Sarah was so sweet and thankful that we made it out to support her and help with the financial burden of the medical bills. 

This is Sarah and Dan's new baby, Sam.

And here is Dan with Sam.
There was a guy from So You Think You Can Dance who did a routine for us.  I can't remember who they said he was but that was fun to watch.



 I love you Sarah and you are so incredibly strong!!  I admire your inner and outer strength, and your determination to be happy and fight this battle.  I love you.

Sam was pretty tired after all this business!  

2 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing this experience with us. it was amazing to see you and sarah together and how much our family has grown since she joined our 'shurtz' clan.... it looks like a beautiful day and a wonderful thing for sarah to see all the people who love and support her and dan. post all your pictures of family too. our hearts and prayers and with her always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool! Way to go on finishing the whole thing running! I walked my 5k :) That's super cool though. She is a beautiful girl! Good luck to her!

    ReplyDelete