Saturday, August 6, 2011

First time for everything

Well, I did it.  I entered a craft in the Salt Lake County Fair!  Actually I entered three christmas stockings, and two baby quilts.  I'm not thinking i'll win a ribbon but I'm proud of just trying :)

I remember every year growing up when we would get out the Christmas decorations, I would see blue ribbons on the back of most of the cross stitch decorations, advent calendars, hand sewn wreaths, and other projects.  My mom won tons of blue ribbons for her crafts!! I am proud to say she is the one that taught me these skills and encouraged me to at least try to enter them!

come see them from August 10-13th!   

3 comments:

  1. be sure and catch some pictures of your items at the fair surrounded by the works of experienced craftsman. this is such a wonderful courageous thing that you have done and will certainly inspire you to try and enter again next year perhaps in other areas. i should have entered my asparagus pickles. they are so good and spicy and totally unique. could i get a special sparkly ribbon for inventing my own recipe and not killing anyone with the results?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Lizzie! You should teach me to be crafty like you! So you can add that to the list which already has taking pictures on it for your list of things to teach me! Just kidding! :) But really, you are so talented! Someday when I grow up maybe I'll be all home-makery too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph- thats so sweet :) I don't feel like i'm very home makery. but I really do just enjoy these things!

    Mom- you should enter in your asparagus!! And i will personally give you a sparkly ribbon!

    ReplyDelete