Thursday, August 11, 2011

And Second place goes to......

Tonight I went to the Salt Lake County Fair with Stephanie.  I entered a few things in, but didn't expect to win any ribbons.  We headed over to the quilt section and I found my first quilt!!
 See the pastel plaid quilt behind me.  See the fourth place ribbon pinned to it?  That's mine. 
 Close up of the quilt (That third place ribbon is somebody else's.)
 Then I found my second quilt i've ever done.  The pastel quilt was my very first one.  The red and white one is a bit smaller, but I really enjoyed making it.
 I got third place!! 

 Steph and I walked through the animals, the booths, and the photography then headed home. We had just pulled out of the parking lot when I realized I entered my christmas stockings but forgot to look for them.  We quickly turned around and headed back.  I debated not turning around to find them, but i'm glad I did, and that Steph was willing to tag along :)
 Second place on those puppies!!
When I found the stockings they were turned the other way so the back was showing, not the quilting.  I flipped them the other way.  It made me a little sad that they were covered up, but hopefully they can stay right side up now.

Moment of truth, all though I did receive 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place, I think some of these categories only had 3 or 4 entries.  Which means I got 2nd... or last.  haha! There were a few entries with honorable mention, and only a couple without ribbons, so i'll be proud of mine.  Bryan compares it to playing Monopoly when you get 2nd place in the beauty contest, and there is only two of you playing!  It was like that.  But I will be proud of my ribbons, even if they are last place. 

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! Your quilts and stockings look very cute, a ribbon is a ribbon you should be proud!
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you should be proud! They were all very good--100 time better than anything I could make! :) Thanks for inviting me! It was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a super trooper courageous girl for even entering. some of those ladies have been making quilts since their wagons came across the plains and have a head start on you. but they need to just wait til next year, cause i heard that you will be back with vengeance and may set them back on their quilting frames!! congratulations and kudos to you for your beautiful work and example. way to go lizzie the stitcher!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the blue strap from your bag looks like a blue ribbon on your chest and i was wondering just what that was given for? no doubt you are a blue ribbon specimen in every single respect of the word. love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks friends :) It was a lot of fun, and hopefully next year I can submit something new. You guys shold try too!

    ReplyDelete