Thursday, June 13, 2013

Couponing for Dummys

I am just learning how to "coupon" to buy ONLY the things we need and save a bit of money.  I am not a crazy coupon lady that buys 10 newspapers to root through for all the deals.  I just use coupons as I find them.  Rite Aid and CVS have the best deals but we don't have either of those so most of my deals are from Target.

I have bought things in the past with several coupons but haven't posted it.  I will post a few here and there as I learn what I'm doing.  Any advice would be appreciated!

So Here is the Target Transaction (Free case of water bottles not pictured)
AND A CASE OF WATER!

The Dove was 2.99 each, but I had 2 1/1$ coupons and when you buy 4 you get a 5$ gift card!  The Huggies wipes were 1.97 but i had a .75$ coupon and a 5% cartwheel offer. With the Colgate toothpaste (2.99 each), if you bought 2 the mouthwash (2.99) was free and I had 2 1$ coupons.  The Mio drink flavors and Cliff Bars are for my brother's birthday care package.  I had a 1$ off 2 Mio's and you get a free case of 24 pk water bottles.  The Cliff bars were .25$ off each.

So Before coupons:
26.70
After coupons:
14.85!
I saved 45% on things I needed!

So I know people come out of stores with buckets of stuff and 10 toothpastes for free, but I am learning!

Okay you Savvy Shoppers:
Question:  When I buy the dove for example, I had a 1$ Target coupon and a 1$ manufacturers coupon.  I was going to buy just one bottle but this was a better deal.  If I had 2 of each of those coupons could I have used all 4 total?  

Or with the toothpaste, could I have used both 1$ off coupons on EACH tube?  

No comments:

Post a Comment