Thursday, June 27, 2013

Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

I forgot how much I loved fishing in Alaska!  Bryan's dad took me and Bryan's mom Patty fishing yesterday, and I went out again with Shane and two members of our church.  We had a blast!  

I caught 3 king salmon, a silver salmon, 3 halibut (including a 35/40 lb one!), and a yellow eye (snapper).  I didn't get many pictures because as soon as we docked I went to get Eli who was being babysat for the day


Patty and I with our King Salmon

I can't get enough of the whales!   



I wasn't fast enough for a good picture, but they are beautiful


The 'Fishing Hole'



Do you see all those sea lions?  

We were fishing for salmon and a sea lion got lazy and decided to eat our fish instead of getting his own.  He had half of Shane's fish in his mouth and was pulling out line like crazy.  It was so fun to watch!


 I am overcome by how vast and amazing this part of the world is.  On our ride out to the fishing spot we saw sea otters, sea lions, dozens of bald eagles, humpback whales, and orca (killer) whales.  It is just incredible.  Come for a visit sometime :)


2 comments:

  1. the photos are simply beyond beautiful. i would love the boys to be able to come and spend at least a week fishing and playing with you on the island. maybe next year the three of you can be together there. you are a natural with fishing and look so happy out there i can see why you have to leave every summer for your island-fishing-alaska "fix".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come visit so bad! Maybe next summer?!

    ReplyDelete